Global Marine Biotechnology market – Overview
- The report will cover the overall analysis and insights in relation to the size and growth rate of the “Global Marine Biotechnology market ” by various segments at a global and regional level for the 2014-2027 period, with 2014-2019 as historical data, 2020 as a base year, 2021 as an estimated year and 2021-2027 as forecast period.
Global Marine Biotechnology market – Introduction
- Marine biotechnology is a growing field comprising marine bio-medicine including pharmaceuticals discovery, materials technology, bio remediation, marine biomedical model organism, genomics, bioinformatics and molecular genetics. The prime motivation for this discipline is clearly derived from the enormous biodiversity and genetic life in sea. The marine environment is a rich source of both chemical and biological diversity. This diversity consists of compound with the potential for industrial development as cosmetics, nutritional supplements, pharmaceuticals, molecular probes, enzymes, fine chemicals, and agrichemicals.
- Marine biotechnology deploys genetic engineering as well as different cultivation techniques for mass producing valuable marine compounds, all while ensuring that there is least negative impact to the precious marine ecosystem. Growth in the global market is set to be driven by driven by the rise of “circular economy”. Increasing use of marine ingredients in food, agriculture and cosmetic industries is fostering growth in the market. The global bioplastics and biopolymers market is increasingly looking towards new advances made in marine biotechnology to develop completely new class of biodegradable biopolymers.
- The report provides a basic overview of the industry including definitions, classifications and industry chain structure.
- A brief overview of the commercial potential of products, technologies and applications.
- Company profiles of leading market participants dealing in products category.
- Description of properties and manufacturing processes.
- To analyze and forecast the market size in terms of volume and value
- Discussion of the current state, setbacks, innovations, and the future needs of the market.
- Detailed discussion regarding impact of product on demand
- Up-to-date analyses of market trends and technological improvements in the market
- Examination of the market by application and by product sizes; utility scale, medium scale and small scale.
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market rankings and core competencies
- The report focuses on detailed profile of major leading industry players with information such as company profiles, product picture and specification, capacity, production, price, cost, revenue and contact information.
- Coverage of historical overview, key industrial development and regulatory framework.
- To track and analyze competitive developments, such as contracts & agreements, expansions, new product developments, and mergers & acquisitions in the market
Global Marine Biotechnology market Report Scope
- The scope of the report covers the clear understanding and overview of the product.
- Analysis of market trends in the region, with market data considering 2020 as the base year, 2021 as the estimate year and forecast for 2027 with projection of CAGR from 2021 to 2027.
- The report covers discussion of economic trends and technology.
- Market estimates represent revenue.
- In-depth analysis of the market segmentation assists in determining the prevailing market scope.
|Market size available for years||2014–2027|
|Base year considered||2020|
|Forecast units||Value (USD) & Volume (Million Units)|
North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa
United States, Russia, China, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Japan, Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, United Arab Emirates, Canada, Indonesia, Malaysia, Switzerland, Australia, India, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, South Africa and 54 Others.
Bio Active Substances, Bio Material and Others.
Isolation & Cultivation of Microorganisms, and Culture-Independent Techniques.
Aquaculture & Food Products, Environmental & Human Health, Drug Discovery and Others.
Food Industry, Pharmaceutical & Biotech, Chemical, Energy and Others.
|Companies covered||Aker BioMarine AS; Aqua Bio Technology ASA; BASF SE; BioLume, Inc.; Biotech Marine; CP Kelco; Cyanotech Corp.; Elan Corp; FMC Corp ; GlycoMar Ltd.; Lonza Group Ltd.; Marinova Pty Ltd; New England Biolabs Inc; NovaMatrix; Nutrex Hawaii Inc.; oceanBASIS GmbH; PharmaMar S.A; Prolume Ltd; Royal DSM N.V; Sea Run Holdings, Inc.; SEPPIC; Tequesta BioVentures and Others.|
Segments Covered in Global Marine Biotechnology market
- The global Marine Biotechnology market is divided into different segments on the basis of product, technology, application, end user and region. The Marine Biotechnology market segment on the basis of Product includes Bio Active Substances, Bio Material and others . On the basis of Technology, the Marine Biotechnology market segment comprises a Isolation & Cultivation of Microorganisms and Culture-Independent Techniques. By application Marine Biotechnology market segment divided into Aquaculture & Food Products, Environmental & Human Health, Drug Discovery and many more.
- The global Marine Biotechnology market segment by the end-use involves Food Industry, Pharmaceutical & Biotech, Chemical, Energy and other sectors.
- The global Marine Biotechnology market segment on the basis of region includes Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, and other parts of the world.
- Europe dominated the marine biotechnology market due to technological advancements in marine biotechnology, growth in demand from the cosmetic industry, and increase in demand for the development of biofuels.
Covid-19 Impact on the Global Marine Biotechnology market
- Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs have presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the marine biotechnology market.
- After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Bio Material segment is readjusted to a revised 5.8% CAGR for the next 7-year period. Biotechnological tools and techniques play a vital role in cultivation and isolation of bioactive compounds found in seaweed. Bioactive marine compounds developed so far include Alkaloids, Lactones, Hydroxybenzene, Quinones, Peptides, Sterides, Aether, and Ketal.
Key Market Players in Global Marine Biotechnology market
- The major players in the Global Marine Biotechnology market are Aker BioMarine AS; Aqua Bio Technology ASA; BASF SE; BioLume, Inc.; Biotech Marine; CP Kelco; Cyanotech Corp.; GlycoMar Ltd.; Lonza Group Ltd.; Marinova Pty Ltd; New England Biolabs Inc; NovaMatrix; Nutrex Hawaii Inc.,; oceanBASIS GmbH; PharmaMar S.A; Prolume Ltd; Royal DSM N.V; Sea Run Holdings, Inc.; SEPPIC; Tequesta BioVentures and Others.
- Also, the Marine Biotechnology market analysis report includes information on upcoming trends and challenges that will influence market growth. This is to help companies strategize and leverage all forthcoming growth opportunities.
Objectives of the Global Marine Biotechnology market Study
- To provide detailed information regarding drivers, restraints, opportunities and challenges are influencing the growth in the Global Marine Biotechnology market.
- To analyze the competitive intelligence of players based on company profiles and their key growth strategies.
- To strategically analyze micro markets with respect to the individual growth trends, their prospects, and their contribution to the total Global Marine Biotechnology market.
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, and product launches, along with research & development (R&D) activities undertaken in the Global Marine Biotechnology market.
- A unique model is created customized for each study also offers suggestions that help enterprises to identify and mitigate risks.
- Global Industry Reports will also support you post-purchase for a period of 6 months to answer any of your queries related to the following market and to provide you any more data if you need, for your analysis.
- Also, you can buy some selected Chapters from the report.