Global Prepreg market – Overview
- The report will cover the overall analysis and insights in relation to the size and growth rate of the “Global Prepreg market ” by various segments at a global and regional level for the 2014-2027 period, with 2014-2019 as historical data, 2020 as a base year, 2021 as an estimated year and 2021-2027 as forecast period.
Global Prepreg market – Introduction
- The term prepreg is used to denote pre-impregnated composite fibers.Prepreg, a reinforcing material impregnated with a resin using a machine, is an intermediate material, which is processed into various shapes (like planks, wires, tapes, and rods). The shapes in turn serve as raw inputs to specialized parts fabricators, capable of molding and shaping the material into finished items using specialized equipment.The finished parts are subsequently sold to OEMs (original equipment manufacturers). A prepreg can therefore be considered as a combination of non-woven material, fabric, roving or mat with resin, which is generally cured to B-stage, ready for molding. Prepreg is being used in the aerospace & defense, wind energy, automotive, sporting goods, electronics, and other end-use industries. The increasing wind energy projects and demand of lightweight material from automotive industry support the demand for prepreg in the wind energy and automotive end-use industry.
- The report provides a basic overview of the industry including definitions, classifications and industry chain structure.
- A brief overview of the commercial potential of products, technologies and applications.
- Description of properties and manufacturing processes.
- Discussion of the current state, setbacks, innovations, and the future needs of the market.
- Detailed discussion regarding impact of product on demand
- Up-to-date analyses of market trends and technological improvements in the market
- Examination of the market by application and by product sizes; utility scale, medium scale and small scale.
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market rankings and core competencies
- Coverage of historical overview, key industrial development and regulatory framework.
- To track and analyze competitive developments, such as contracts & agreements, expansions, new product developments, and mergers & acquisitions in the market
Global Prepreg market Report Scope
- The scope of the report covers the clear understanding and overview of the product.
- Analysis of market trends in the region, with market data considering 2020 as the base year, 2021 as the estimate year and forecast for 2027 with projection of CAGR from 2021 to 2027.
- The report covers discussion of economic trends and technology.
- Market estimates represent revenue.
- In-depth analysis of the market segmentation assists in determining the prevailing market scope.
|Market size available for years||2014–2027|
|Base year considered||2020|
|Forecast units||Value (USD) & Volume (Million Units)|
North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa
United States, Russia, China, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Japan, Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, United Arab Emirates, Canada, Indonesia, Malaysia, Switzerland, Australia, India, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, South Africa and 54 Others.
|By Fiber Type
Carbon Fiber, Glass Fiber and Aramid Fiber.
|By Resin Type
Thermoset and Thermoplastic.
Tow Prepreg and Fabric Prepreg.
Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Wind Energy, Sporting Goods, Electronics and Others.
|Companies covered||APCM, LLC; Axiom Materials, Inc.; Cytec Industries; Gurit Holding AG; Hexcel Corporation; Holding Company Composite; Isola Group; Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation; Park Aerospace Corp; Plastic Reinforcement Fabrics Ltd.; Royal Ten Cate NV; SGL Group – The Carbon Company; Solvay SA; Taiwan First Li-Bond Co., Ltd.; Teijin Limited; Toray Industries, Inc.; Zoltek Companies, Inc. and Others.|
Segments Covered in Global Prepreg market
- The global Prepreg market is divided into different segments on the basis of fiber type, resin type, form, Application, and region. The Prepreg market segment on the basis of fiber type includes Carbon Fiber, Glass Fiber and Aramid Fiber. On the basis of resin type, the Prepreg market segment comprises a Thermoset and Thermoplastic. The global Prepreg market segment by the form involves Tow Prepreg and Fabric Prepreg.
- The global Prepreg market segment by the Application involves Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Wind Energy, Sporting Goods, Electronics and many other sectors.
- The global Prepreg market segment on the basis of region includes Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, and other parts of the world.
- North America accounted for the highest market share of 39% in 2019 and is estimated to grow further at a significant CAGR from 2021 to 2027. This growth is attributed to the rapidly expanding aerospace industry in North America. The region is expected to cater to nearly one-third of the global operational fleet demand, resulting in an increased production of airframe and aircraft parts over the period.
Covid-19 Impact on the Global Prepreg market
- The COVID-19 outbreak drastically altered the demand for prepreg materials across the globe due to a decline in demand from the automotive and aerospace & defense industries. The pandemic has abruptly interrupted the operations and global supply chain across various industries, which in turn has slowed down the growth of the prepreg market.
- Prepreg is majorly used in the aerospace sector. However, the aerospace sector had shut down the operations due to lockdown. This led to high decline in the prepreg market.
- Electrical industry is also highly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. Prepreg is used as insulating material in circuit board, and in lockdown all manufacturing units were closed, which limited the demand for prepreg in the market.
Recent Developments in Global Prepreg market
- In February 2020, Solvay Launched CYCOM EP2750, a high rate compression molding prepreg, especially for aerospace primary structures. This technology combines advanced continuous fiber prepreg materials.
- In March 2018, Toray Industries, Inc. acquired TenCate Advanced Composites Holding B.V. (Netherlands), a manufacturer and distributor of carbon fiber composite materials. TenCate was named Toray Advanced Composites after the acquisition.
Key Market Players in Global Prepreg market
- The major players in the Global Prepreg market are APCM, LLC; Axiom Materials, Inc.; Cytec Industries; Gurit Holding AG; Hexcel Corporation; Holding Company Composite; Isola Group; Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation; Park Aerospace Corp; Plastic Reinforcement Fabrics Ltd.; Royal Ten Cate NV; SGL Group – The Carbon Company; Solvay SA; Taiwan First Li-Bond Co., Ltd.; Teijin Limited; Toray Industries, Inc.; Zoltek Companies, Inc. and Others.
- Also, the Prepreg market analysis report includes information on upcoming trends and challenges that will influence market growth. This is to help companies strategize and leverage all forthcoming growth opportunities.
Objectives of the Global Prepreg market Study
- To provide detailed information regarding drivers, restraints, opportunities and challenges are influencing the growth in the Global Prepreg market.
- To analyze the competitive intelligence of players based on company profiles and their key growth strategies.
- To strategically analyze micro markets with respect to the individual growth trends, their prospects, and their contribution to the total Global Prepreg market.
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, and product launches, along with research & development (R&D) activities undertaken in the Global Prepreg market.
- A unique model is created customized for each study also offers suggestions that help enterprises to identify and mitigate risks.
- Global Industry Reports will also support you post-purchase for a period of 6 months to answer any of your queries related to the following market and to provide you any more data if you need, for your analysis.
- Also, you can buy some selected Chapters from the report.